Friday, December 9, 2011

Not So Salisbury Steak

This is unbelievably good! I'm not sure what to call it, since it isn't really steak, or traditional Salisbury. It is sort of like meatloaf, but not really. Just try it and label it however you want! I'm sure you will agree that delicious will come to mind once you taste it! My friend, Darlene, always requests this when I invite her over. I am always happy to oblige, since it is easy and very affordable. I love my low maintenance friends! This one is for you, Darlene.
Enjoy!

4 slices of bread, (white or wheat will work)
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
Salt and pepper to taste
Mrs. Dash Seasoning, to taste, I prefer Garlic and Herb
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 eggs, beaten
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (you can use 1 each of golden mushroom and cream of mushroom)
5 tablespoons A1 Steak Sauce (at least, more if you love it as much as I do!)
3/4 cup water

Soften bread in milk in a bowl
Add ground beef, salt,pepper, and Mrs Dash, mix well
Stir in onion and eggs
Shape into 3 inch patties
Brown patties on both sides in a non stick skillet
Arrange patties in a baking dish
Mix A1, soup, and water together and spoon over patties
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment