Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chess Pie

This is always a crowd pleaser. I'm not sure if chess pie is considered a southern thing or not, but there has always  been one at most every function involving food for as long as I can remember, Not all are created equal. Every southern cook thinks theirs is the best, so I'm not going to make that claim. I will however, share with you the one I like best. This one came from the same wonderful lady that gave me the fudge pie recipe that I shared on here. The only difference is I use premade pie crust. I am almost ashamed to say that I have never made a pie crust from scratch! Maybe I will try it someday. Anyway, here is my favorite chess pie recipe. Enjoy!

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

1/2  cup brown sugar
1 1/2 sugar
3  eggs
1 stick butter, softened
1  tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. cornmeal
1 tsp.  vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar (I use lemon juice)
Mix together and pour into an unbaked pie shell.
Bake for 45 minute to an hour until lightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment