Monday, December 5, 2011

Chicken Florentine

I don't know if this is authentic Italian or not, but I do know that it sure is good! I got this recipe from a store demonstrator at my local Kroger. He is a regular there and never fails to deliver. I changed it slightly. His recipe calls for fontina cheese. I didn't have any on hand, so I used Italian Blend the first time and Monterey Jack mixed with parmesan the second time.They were both yummy! It is a good way to use extra spinach you have, since it has such a short shelf life. This is quick and easy, even though it doesn't taste that way. I serve it with pasta and usually add a little extra cheese and spinach.

Season 1 to 1 1/2 lbs chicken with salt and pepper, or whatever you like to use.
Cook chicken in about 2 ounces of oil on medium high heat.
Add 4 cloves garlic, chopped or mashed in pan, and cook until browned.
Add 1/2 pack of fresh mushrooms, sliced
Cok until browned.
Add 1/2 pint of heavy cream, cooking at a medium boil.
When cream reduces add 2 cups of fresh spinach.
Add 4 ounces of fontina cheese, or cheese of your choice.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, add 1 tablespoon of melted butter and serve with your favorite pasta.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment