Saturday, November 26, 2011

Homemade Bourbon Whipped Topping

My good friend, Susan, owner of  laissezsuzanne.blogspot.com, made this to accent the pumpkin pie we had for Thanksgiving dinner. It is absolutely fantastic! It was also delicious on my Fudge Pie. This stuff is so good it will compliment fruit, pound cake, a steaming cup of cocoa or coffee. The possibilities are endless. I am going to play around with this recipe and see what kind of wonderful combinations I can come up with. Not that there's anything wrong with the original, it is superb just the way it is. I copied this straight from her blog. you should give this a try. Even on a store bought pie, if desired. I can't wait to make this. A good excuse to make another pie, I say!
Enjoy!
 
Stick a metal mixing bowl & whisk & heavy cream in the freezer. Pull items out in about 20 minutes, before the cream freezes. Whisk 1 cup of cream until stiff peaks form (and yes, you can do this by hand, in a couple of minutes. You have more control over the whipping & are less likely to turn the cream to butter).

Whisk in 2 Tablespoons Real Vermont maple syrup, 1 Tablespoon good Bourbon or Tennessee Whiskey (I'm using Jack Daniels this year; traditionally I use Bulleit), & 1 teaspoon of good quality vanilla.

Plop a dollop of this on your store-bought pie, & no one will notice or care that it came from the freezer. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds sinfully delicious, can't wait to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sinfully delicious! I have used it on pecan pies and as a topping for a caramel sundae too. If you don't have maple syrup, you can use brown sugar, I have found out by necessity. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete