Monday, November 14, 2011

Beer Cheese Fries

This recipe was inspired by the "Piggie Fries" served at Nashville's own Lipstick Lounge. Although they have some delicious food on their menu, this is my favorite! Creamy warm beer cheese sauce generously poured over a huge pile of crispy french fries, topped with bacon! It doesn't get any better than that! That my friend, is a comfort food that can't be beat! After having these wonderful fries, I knew I was gonna have to try my hand at beer cheese. I didn't get it exact, but I think I did okay. I search many recipes and used bits and pieces from several. This dip can be enjoyed with pretzels, bread, veggies or whatever you choose. I recommend having extra cheese on hand, just incase you need to thicken it up. It's so good you will want plenty anyway!

8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 oz. velveeta cheese, cubed
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 beer at room temp (you can take a swig or two, you probably won't need all of it.)
Tabasco to taste
Cooked bacon ( for garnish)

Heat about half of the beer to a simmer on a low temperture
Add pepper an dry mustard
Add cheddar cheese in batches, while stirring continuously
Add worcestershire and Tabasco
Add velveeta cheese a few chunks at a time stirring continuously
If it is too thin or thick you can add more cheese or beer to suit your taste.
Pour over crispy cooked warm fries
Top with bacon and sprinkle with season salt or paprika if desired.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment