Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pineapple Cheese Casserole

Sometimes I like to add a little sweetness to my side dishes. This one is really good with ham. I figured since Easter is coming up, and a lot of people prepare a big impressive ham for Easter Dinner, this would be a good time to share this. It is simple and beautiful. Sorry I don't have a picture, I don't make this often. It has been quite a few years since I have made it, actually. I found it in my over stuffed recipe collection and thought it deserves a mention. If I remember correctly, you can also used crushed pineapple, or a combination of both. I bet fresh pineapple would be awesome in this as well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees


2 - 20oz  cans pineapple chunks
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons sugar
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 cup Ritz crackers (crushed)

Drain pineapple, reserving 6 tablespoons juice
Combine sugar and flour, stir in juice
Add cheese and pineapple
Place in a greased medium size casserole dish
Melt the butter and add crackers.
Top the casserole with the buttery crackers
Bake uncovered for about 35 minutes
If desired, you can broil it for a couple of minutes to crisp the top.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment