Sunday, February 12, 2012

Retro Recipe "Can't Fail 5 Minute Fudge"

I was looking through one of my old cookbooks today, and I ran across this stuck between the pages. I have many recipes stuffed in the pages of  most of my cookbooks. I always plan on making a couple of handwritten personalized cookbooks for my kids to have, but I never seem to get around to it. There are many reasons why I haven't done it yet, mostly procrastination, and there is always a growing list of favorites, so that could be time consuming. Probably the biggest reason is, how do you decide what to do with the little gems like this? I got this from a wonderful elderly lady I used to work for. One day she was cleaning out a drawer and ran across this. She asked me if I wanted it. Of course I said yes! She said " I don't remember if I ever tried this or not, but I kept it all these years for some reason. Guess I know why now, here you go." Well, I came home and stuck it in one of my cookbooks and forgot all about it. Timing is perfect for sharing this one, Valentine's Day and since I've been kicking it old school all month, I'm staying with my theme on this one. It came from a Farm Journal Magazine. I have no idea what year. I remember that magazine being very popular for quite a few years. It was always around in my house when I was a child. I love to run across stuff like this, so I'm betting that you do to. why not have a retro touch to your Valentine's Day?





No comments:

Post a Comment