Monday, February 20, 2012

Random Beauty...Everywhere


A couple of days  ago while browsing Facebook, a friend posted this on their Wall. It is very eye opening. Please take a minute to read this if you haven't already. It puts us in perspective in 45 minutes flat. I know I am guilty of not taking a moment, however brief, to appreciate the many beautiful things that I encounter on a daily basis. 
Sure, I notice the big showy things, and the completely infuriating incidences that I seem to experience all too often, but rarely do I give notice to the little beautiful things and people I encounter. It could be that lady you struck up a  brief conversation with over the tomato display at the grocery store, or the neighbor's cat that greets you when you come home. It could be something as simple as a smile from a stranger you make eye contact with, or a kind gesture, given or received, spontaneously.  
We all have moments each day that are beautiful, they may be disguised as work, chores, tasks, deadlines, parenting or any of the countless things you do everyday. Sadly, we don't give those occurrences enough of our brain space. We clutter it with the negative and the hurried, stressful stuff. 
I know this post is a little random, but sometimes so am I.
As I was looking at my blog stats this morning, I noticed that I am getting views from everywhere! This makes me happy and is one of those beautiful things I was talking about! When I started this blog I had never really even read any one's blog regularly, knew absolutely nothing about blogging, still don't really! Except that it is a good way to share stuff that I like and think someone else may enjoy as well. I may not have a huge following, but I have sure got diversity! And that my friend is a beautiful thing that deserves a moment and a smile!  So Thank You...
United States
Germany
Vietnam
France
Russia
Ukraine
Vietnam
United Arab Emirates
Colombia
Israel
Philippines
United Kingdom
Canada
Sudan
Sweden
Peru  
Or anyone else that I may have missed. These are just the recent ones. I appreciate you all! 


1 comment: