Sunday, February 5, 2012

How About Some Squirrel?

No, I haven't lost my mind, or moved to the hills and started shooting my dinner. I just got to share another Jesse Lewis favorite. He says if you don't have a squirrel, a muskrat will do. That's good to know! I just love versatile recipes! My mom would have made this one. Heck, for all I know she may have. I lived on ketchup sandwiches and vanilla wafers when I was a kid. My pallette has matured somewhat in my adulthood, but I don't think I could ever eat anything with a muskrat in it. I will not say never, I add new things to my realm of possibilities everyday. Just today I ate some barley casserole, prepared by my son, Zach, who is dabbling in vegan dishes. It was delicious! I will share that one eventually. For now, I'm gonna give Jesse his due props. Even if you don't cook it, it's amusing reading it, don't you think? I say, if you can make squirrels and muskrats delicious enough to be published in a cookbook, you deserve to be honored 58 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment