Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Myrna's Chicken Salad

      This recipe comes from my sister, Gale's mother in law, Myrna. She doesn't really like celery in her chicken salad, so she decided to create one without it. I personally haven't tried this one yet, but if Gale says it's good, and if Myrna recommended it, it's good! I guarantee it. I have had a few of Myrna's dishes over the years, and  trust me when I say this Southern lady knows a few things about preparing delicious food. I am honored to share this recipe from her kitchen. I think we all need a little something simple and tasty right now after all of the holiday food we have been stuffing ourselves with. Why not give this one a try?
      Enjoy!
     
       4  large chicken breasts, cooked (I use skin on, bone in chicken, cooked all night in the crock pot, then cooled, boned and skinned)
1  cup chopped water chestnuts
1  cup chopped roasted cashews
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 cup sour cream
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing mix
      Chop chicken and combine with water chestnuts and cashews.
      Mix Miracle Whip, sour cream, and salad dressing mix in a bowl.
     Add chicken and nut mixture.
     Stir well. Serve with crackers or your favorite sandwich bread.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment