Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Easy Apple Crisp

 This recipe is an old one from a Betty Crocker Cookbook, from the 60's I think. It was shared by my niece, Erin, who is a fine cook herself. I plan to feature more of her recipes in the future. She has been a vegetarian for many years, so I'm sure she has a lot of delicious meatless recipes to chose from. She made it while we were visiting a few months back. She served it warm with vanilla ice cream! It is so delicious to be so simple! It  can easily be doubled. I recommend it because you are going to love it! If you do so, you may want to cut back on the salt a little. 
Enjoy!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place in buttered 10x6x2" baking dish 4 cups apples - thin sliced
Sprinkle with 1 tsp.cinnamon and 1 tsp salt and 1/4 cup water
Rub together  (mix with fingers or spoon) 3/4 cup sifted flour (I use bread flour)
1 cup sugar
1/3cup butter (margarine works too.)
Drop mixture over apples.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment