Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cinnamon Bread Pudding

This is a really simple dessert that you can probably make with ingredients you probably already have on hand. I was looking for something sweet in one of my favorite cookbooks. Since I didn't have a lot of stuff on hand for baking, I was sort of limited. I ran across this and figured I didn't have anything to lose. After all, the cookbook is a compilation of Home Economics Teachers favorite recipes.If they think it is worthy, who am I to judge? One of the best things about this recipe is that it is very cheap to make and doesn't taste that way.
Enjoy!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pecans, chopped (I used walnuts, didn't have pecans)
1 1/2 cup flour ( I used self rising and left out the baking powder)
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder

Combine brown sugar, water, 1 tbsp butter, cinnamon and pecans in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Pour into a 9 x 13 pan.
Combine flour, sugar, 2 tbsp butter (cubed small), milk and baking powder in a bowl, mix well. (I mixed it by hand, recipe didn't specify)
Pour over top of  mixture in pan.
Do not mix. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
If desired, serve with whipped cream.








No comments:

Post a Comment