Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

This is another one of my traditional holiday side dishes. Some argue that it should be on the dessert table, since it is so sweet, but I like it right there on my plate beside the dressing. In my opinion, the rules don't really apply during the holiday meals. My kids love this. There is never any of this left over. If you need a delicious, colorful easy dish to round out your Thanksgiving meal why not give this one a try? 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1  large can of sweet potatoes, drained (if using fresh sweet potatoes, about 4 or 5 boiled until tender)
1/2  stick margarine or butter, softened
2  eggs, beaten
1/2  cup evaporated milk
 Mix these ingredients together in a medium size baking dish.

Topping:

1     cup brown sugar
1/2  cup margarine or butter, melted
1/3  cup flour
1     cup pecans, chopped

Mix together and sprinkle on top of potatoes.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment