Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Absolute Best Premade Cookie Dough!

Don't you just love it when a spouse or family member approaches you with "Oh I forgot, I'm suppose to bring something for a party at school / work tomorrow." This never happens when you just happen to already have something on hand. A couple of years ago, when my hubby needed something for a work party the next day and it was already 8:30 in the evening, past my creative cooking time, I went to Kroger and just couldn't bring myself to buy those bakery cookies or cupcakes. They are rather pricey and to be honest, not that tasty. His co workers have come to expect a little more than that from him, since they know I'll be representing him with something at least homemade, So I thought what the heck, they are getting premade cookies, that's the best I can do. I wasn't expecting much, I picked up a couple of packs of the premade Kroger brand of Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut cookies. I cut them in half to make smaller cookies so they would cook a little faster and go a little further. Let me tell you, not all of the cookies made it to his work, good thing I bought two packs! They are fantastic and taste like homemade! If you haven't tried them yet, please do! They will fool even the toughest critic. Everyone was asking for the recipe! Kroger got it right with this one, better than name brand. Next time you need to bake some cookies give these a try. I think you will agree with me, they are way better than you expect and may just become a new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment